Sunday, July 17, 2011

Preparation

What exactly should one do to prepare oneself for law school? That is the question I have been asking myself for many months. The only suggestion the law school gives is to come well rested. While that is probably great advice, I can't help but think that there is something more I can do to gain a slight edge at the outset.

I already have my schedule for the first semester: Civil Procedure, Contracts, Criminal Law, Lawyering Process (Legal Writing & Research), & Torts. I bought a few books on these topics, but study in a vacuum has not been easy so far. There are also a lot of distractions, what with a cross-country move a mere two weeks away. I'm hoping that once we are settled in our new place, distractions will become minimal, reality will set in, and I will be able to hunker down for a few weeks before school begins on August 24.

No comments: